Laying Lucy

So having removed all of Lucy’s eggs from her nest on Saturday, she has decided she’d better start laying again. So yesterday we had the first of what will presumably be her next set of eggs. We’re going to split our risks with this lot and we reckon we can get three in an incubator, put a couple under Vita when (if) she goes broody within the timescale and then let Lucy have another go if she looks like she wants to go broody again. There are also still 2 under Virginia but we’re not very confident about these, Z candled again last night and these plus the muscovy eggs are inconclusive so we’ll have another go tomorrow night.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: